𝐇𝐨𝐰 ‘𝐖𝐡𝐨’ 𝐁𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐌𝐲 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐞-𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐔𝐒𝐀
When I moved from Australia to America, you can imagine it was a HUGE transition on so many fronts!
It didn’t just bring a change in scenery but a profound shift in my approach to my dreams, goals and, yes…. challenges.
Back home, I was deeply rooted in the ‘How’ mindset and was so used to relying on my own resources and methods and networks.
But in the USA, without an established network, my old approach wasn’t going to cut it. So this was the perfect time that led me to embrace Dan Kennedy’s powerful concept of ‘Who Not How’, a philosophy that has since become a cornerstone of my success and one I share with my clients and colleagues.
The Limitations of 'How'
You didn’t have to be blind Freddy to realize that without local connections, knowledge, and resources, the ‘How’ approach was not only going to be inadequate for me but also incredibly limiting. Thank goodness I am someone who listens more to my intuition than anything else plus am also a fast learner!
My 'Who' Revelation
This aha moment shifted me to began to do a couple of things:
- Seek out the ‘Who’ – the people who could offer the knowledge, connections, and expertise that I lacked in this new environment and
- Sort out those who hadn’t been as forthcoming from within the network I believed I had.
This was not just about delegation; it was about co-creation and building a brand new network.
The transformative Impact of my 'Whos'
So here are the three things that I did that have enabled me to step up my game, lean in on my own strengths and trust the fact that I also have the answers within. Those three things were, and still are:
- It’s OK To Start Again: Embracing the concept of ‘Who’ allowed me to quickly build a network of collaborators, mentors, and peers in America, specifically in Colorado. This amazing network has become crucial in helping me not only navigate challenges but also embrace opportunities and up the ante for revenue leadership in this amazing State.
- Collective Expertise Is There for the Leveraging: By focusing on the ‘Who’, I am tapping into a diverse pool of knowledge and experience that far exceeded my own. This collective wisdom whether it be in the StartUp world, the Corporate world or the Government world has propelled me forward in ways I could never have managed doing alone, nor imagined doing back home.
- Growth and Success Accelerates: The shift to a ‘Who’ mindset has led me to faster growth and greater success in clarifying and cementing my purpose as an entrepreneur and woman-owned business. Collaborating with others has not only opened opportunities and partnerships but also made my journey more interesting and purposeful.
Finding Your 'Who'
Your ‘Who’ might be just around the corner or across the globe like mine. What’s key is identifying those individuals who complement your skills, share your vision, and can journey with you towards your goals. It’s a process of discovering and nurturing those relationships so that personally AND professionally you feel fulfilled.
Who's your Who?
If you’re a revenue leader and you are standing at a crossroads, uncertain of how to move forward, let’s connect.
Allow me to be part of your ‘Who’. We could unlock possibilities that the ‘How’ approach alone could never match up to and who knows what might happen as a result?
Be Bold, Brave and Brilliant